How to measure the quality of paper?
By Léa Chauvelon | 18/04/2023
How to measure the quality of paper ?
Several criteria are important to take into account when producing paper, such as thickness, smoothness, opacity, whiteness,…
In order to control the different criteria, Noviprofibre offers a complete range of products that can measure :
- Opacity, whiteness, colour with the Spectrophotometer
- Thickness and grammage with the Pneumatic or manual micrometer
- Coefficient of friction with the inclined plane method
- Smoothness with the Bekk device
- Air permeability with the Gurley
- Roughness and porosity with the Bendtsen
- Resistance to folding with the Twin folding tester
- Stiffness with the Bending stiffness tester
- Bursting with the Burst tester
- Tensile strength with the Horizontal tensile tester
- Internal cohesion with the IBT
- Tear length with the Tear tester
- Water absorption with the Cobb
We offer devices to measure all mechanical, optical and physical properties of paper.
Find them in the “product” tab of our website or contact us directly for more information.