Once the liter of pulp is prepared as indicated by the standard, the sheet forming process with the RK former commence by pressing the START button. When the volume of 4 liters is reached, we will add the prepared sample. Once the level of 7 liters is reached, the equipment stops automatically with its level detectors. The suspension is then shaken with compressed air for 5 seconds, with a micro bubble system. The suspension will rest 5 seconds before starting to drain automatically, and start the formation of the sheet on the forming screen. The drainage first occurs, facilitating an escape of air during 2 seconds under the screen and applying suction for 10 seconds after the water level has passed through the new sheet formed. Open the forming column and position the carrier board on the newly formed wet sheet (with its soft face toward the wet sheet). Apply now the supplied couch roll on the packet formed by the wet sheet and the carrier board. Remove now the packet formed by carrier board + wet sheet + forming wire screen from the cloumn. Hit the set in a slight angle on the rubber basis to release the sheet from the forming wire screen.
Adjust the timer of each dryer to the required drying time. This time will depend on the sheet weight and can vary between 5 and 10 minutes. Place the wet sheet, still adhered to the carrier board, on the support mesh of the dryer, with the carrier board facing to the dryer surface. This operation must be done within 1 minute from the moment the formed sheet has been removed from the forming column.
Place a cover sheet on the wet sheet and close immediately the dryer lid, exercising some force to achieve an hermetic closing. Push the “Start” button of the dryer, the main pump will start to operate to achieve a vacuum pressure. The dryer “Start” button will light, indicative that the dryer is operating.The system will apply a vacuum pressure of approximately -950 mbar. When the configured drying time has ended, an acoustic signal will activate during some seconds and the dryer red “Stop” button will light (in this moment, both dryer buttons, “Start” and “Stop” will light).
For ending the drying process and removing the sheet from the dryer, push the “Stop” button.
The sheet forming process has a total duration of about 1 minute. The drying times have an average duration of 6 minutes. Therefore a machine with three dryers can produce about 30 sheets per hour. Optionally, the equipment can be supplied with a White Water recirculation system with or without temperature control (KW and KWT). This allows the investigation of the retention and loss of chemicals. A small faucet allows the extraction of white water samples for later study in the laboratory.
- Automatic process controlled by PLC.
- Full colour touch screen whereby all the functions of the equipment can be managed.
- The working process can be also managed manually.
- Strong and robust construction equipment. Made of polypropylene and stainless steel.
- Integrated wiring with protection system (CE).
- Light weight top of the dryers for easy handling.
- Spacious working surface with space for tools and accessories.
- Easy monitoring by start and stop buttons for the beginning and end of drying process.
- 93 ± 1º C drying temperature with water recirculation according to the standards.
- Four models available: with 1, 2, 3 and 4 dryers.
- White water recirculation system (as an option).
- CE mark.